blog description

Topics relate to adult business, the War on Drugs, political prosecutions, censorship, and police, prosecutorial, and judicial misconduct

Smiling Faces - The Undisputed Truth

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Violence in the Local Metal Scene Series: Intermission

The series on the topic of violence in the local metal scene will be on intermission for some time. There are some situations at play here that I am unable to discuss at this time and others that are best reserved for later, following the conclusion of the criminal case. This is not the end of this series though, and I have much more to say on the topic.

For the moment I will only suggest that if you have teenagers that participate, or want to, keep them away. Really there is more danger than I originally believed or stated in the first post on this topic.

I had a discussion with someone that was active as a booking agent and promoter for Hip-Hop / Rap shows in past. While I am not at liberty to offer his name at the moment, I will state that he is currently serving life in a federal penitentiary. For me the discussion was about differences in the level of violence at metal shows and at hip-hop / rap shows and which type of show was worse.

Was rap getting a bad rap in comparison?

My friend was clear that the problem is not the specific genre of music or the level of violence that comes with any music shows. He stated that the problem is the people involved. The fact is, there are lots of violent people in the US. These people are either 1) prone to violence; or 2) embrace violence. In both situations they can be dangerous, especially as a group. Sometimes being a part of a group will embolden someone that would otherwise not be prone to violence.

I agreed with my friend on some statements and disagreed on others. I felt that he had little exposure to local metal scene shows, if any at all. In the same respect, I have little knowledge of rap and/or hip-hop shows.

In the end, I stand by my statements concerning the violence in local metal scene shows. I believe that I could offer proof of this, especially as it relates to the mosh pits at these local shows. It's really been a topic of research for me since the original post. The series will resume one day in the distant future.

Really this blog is supposed to be about adult business prosecutions more than anything else. Expect to hear more on recent cases in the news in the near future. Thank you for your patience at this trying time in my life.

No comments: